- Sworders Won an Appeal for Barn Conversion Into Residential Single Dwelling
- Sworders Secured Permission for Large Extension to Barn which had Originally Received Consent Under Class Q Permitted Development Rights
- Sworders Secured Planning Consent for Replacement Dwelling in the Green Belt
- Sworders Secured Planning for Large Dwelling in Countryside Protection Zone, Uttlesford District
Compulsory Purchase and Compensation
Sworders has represented landowners and occupiers in all areas of compulsory purchase and compensation. Whether advising on the practical issues surrounding areas of land taken or legal and compensation issues, we have a team of professionals who are happy to assist.
Sworders has a wide range of experience and expertise involving the following schemes:
- Water, sewage, gas and oil pipelines
- Road and rail schemes
- Overhead and underground electricity lines
- Telecommunication cables and apparatus
- Fibre optic cables
- Flood defense and alleviation schemes
- Associated contractors compounds and license agreements
We provide a comprehensive service covering all aspects of the compulsory purchase process and are able to provide advice on clients’ rights and options. We understand the importance of early engagement with the relevant acquiring authority to ensure that where possible we can influence the proposed scheme or route and mitigate losses through implementing accommodation works.
The acquiring authority will usually provide an undertaking to cover our professional fees and therefore clients should incur minimal costs.
Our overall aim is to ensure that the impact of any scheme is minimised and clients receive the compensation they are entitled to.
If you have been approached or are concerned about a proposed scheme that could affect you, please do not hesitate to contact us to discuss the details.