- Sworders Won an Appeal for Barn Conversion Into Residential Single Dwelling
- Sworders Secured Permission for Large Extension to Barn which had Originally Received Consent Under Class Q Permitted Development Rights
- Sworders Secured Planning Consent for Replacement Dwelling in the Green Belt
- Sworders Secured Planning for Large Dwelling in Countryside Protection Zone, Uttlesford District
Architects / Architectural & Design Technicians
Sworders is an independent Rural Property Consultancy with over 230 years of history, offering integrated advice to the Rural, Residential and Commercial sectors. Our clients include private land and property owners and occupiers, together with commercial institutions and charities. We have a strong reputation for delivering added value.
From our offices in Hertfordshire, Warwickshire and Norfolk, we serve our historic primary client base across the South East, together with a growing group of Midlands and Norfolk-based clients. Our Midlands and Norfolk offices opened in August 2015 and October 2016 respectively and strengthen our presence in the region enabling the provision of services to an increasing number of clients. We are looking for an excellent individual with the ability to generate and support continued expansion of our multi-disciplined team.
Norfolk or Warwickshire Office:
We are looking for an Architect to join us to handle our increasing work load and take a lead in strengthening the Architectural Department company-wide. The work, though mainly residential, is varied ranging from the design of individual houses and the conversion of listed buildings through to strategic work on land development sites.
- 5 or more years’ experience
- Liaising with clients and external consultancies
- Producing initial sketch design schemes which can be worked up into planning applications
- Preparing drawings and submitting planning conditions and S106 requirements
- Preparing drawings of Building Regulations’ submissions
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD as a minimum
- ARB Registered
- RIBA membership an advantage
Other Roles Available
Architects / Architectural & Design Technicians are sought ideally from the following groups:
- Architects with 2 – 5 years PQE
- • Architectural or Design technicians with at least 2 years PQE
Experience in a range of drawing work using AutoCAD (or similar) software will be necessary. Hand drawing and sketching skills and a basic knowledge of planning would be beneficial but not essential.
Experience in dealing with Building Regulations applications would also be beneficial.
Sworders provide a flexible approach to employment, enabling individuals to work in a way that suits their particular circumstances and all roles can be offered on a full or part-time basis.
All candidates should be personable, motivated and consummately professional. Demonstrating the qualities necessary to generate confidence and develop client relationships will be essential.
Our ethos is to develop staff skills to allow employees to excel in their areas of interest. We value new ideas and thinking. Those with the appropriate skills and enthusiasm but less experience and who wish to qualify in their relevant profession, (including via un- conventional routes), will be seriously considered as training and experience can be provided.
For the right candidates, salaries are unlikely to be limiting with generous bonus packages in addition. Career opportunities from graduates/newly qualified up to associate and partnership level are available. We fund all approved professional subscriptions and CPD. Your own car is essential.
Please apply in confidence with your CV to email@example.com