Contract farming opportunity for regenerative or organic contractors comprising approximately 457 hectares (1,130 acres) of agricultural land at Quickswood & Clothall Bury Farms, North Hertfordshire.
- Offered for a Contract Farming Agreement on a regenerative or organic basis.
- Available as a whole or in two lots:
- Quickswood Farm: approximately 334.93 Ha (827.61 acres) coloured blue on the plan.
- Clothall Bury Farm: approximately 122.38 Ha (302.40 acres) coloured red on the plan.
- Located immediately south of the A505, east of Baldock.
- Available under a Contract Farming Agreement for 5 years from 1st October 2024, with a break clause at the third anniversary.
- Gascoyne Estates seek to establish a new Contract Farming Agreement/s where the Key Performance Objectives will be:
- Delivering profitability
- Promoting Biodiversity
- Improving soil health
The estate’s aim is to engage an enthusiastic, expert contractor or contractors with a keen eye for detail who shares our passion for profitable crop production, the environment and soil health. Accordingly, tenders are invited from those who are able to farm on a regenerative or organic basis.
Gascoyne Estates intend to emerge from the current “Agricultural Transition Period” as exemplars of good practice, and a track record of combining food production and positive environmental outcomes.
Wildlife and biodiversity are important to Gascoyne Estates and a new Sustainable Farming Incentive application is being developed for the farm. The newly appointed contractor will be involved in the final decision-making process prior to submission of the application, and they will share in environmental payments associated with the contract land.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION PACK
Further information is within the additional information pack which is available upon request. This includes information regarding the lots available, the parcel sizes, cropping history, soil monitoring, buildings, agri-environmental schemes and the farming system.
The farms are located within 2 miles of Baldock on the south side of the A505 and are adjacent to each other, separated only by the A507. Access is available from both the A507 and A505 at the B656 / Wallington Road Junction. Junction 9 of the A1(M) is approximately 2.8 miles west.
All enquiries and requests to arrange a viewing should be directed to:
Michael Sills, Agent for the Estate:
T: 01279 771188
NEXT STEPS – TENDER PROCESS
This opportunity is subject to a tender process:
- Please make contact to arrange a viewing and to request further details about the farm and tender process. Viewings will take place during the period 22nd January to 23rd February 2024 and will be by appointment only.
- After viewing, those who wish to submit a tender should do so no later than 1st March 2024.
- Following a review of tender submissions candidates may be invited to meet the Estate Team at Hatfield Park Estate on the 19th or 20th March 2024 for first round interviews.
- Second interviews, for shortlisted candidates, will be held at a meeting with the Estate Team at the candidate’s farm on 16th or 17th April 2024.
Sworders for itself and the Owners of this property give notice that the particulars are a general outline only for the guidance of intending contractors and do not constitute an offer or contract.
All descriptions and any other details are given without responsibility and any intending Contractor should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of them. Any measurements, areas or distances referred to herein are approximate only.
No employee of Sworders has any authority to make or give any representations or warranty whatsoever in relation to the property. No responsibility can be accepted for the expenses incurred by any intending Contractors in this matter. All plans included are not to scale and are based upon the Ordnance Survey Map with the sanction of the Controller of H M Stationery Office for reference purposes only and are not to be relied upon in any contract. Crown Copyright Reserved. Unless specifically mentioned all fixtures and fittings are excluded.
Photographs taken January 2024. Aerial Images obtained December 2023. Particulars prepared January 2024.
Please note in some places stock photographs have been used rather than photos specifically of this property.