Basic Payment & Environmental Schemes
Basic Payment Scheme
Sworders has the expertise and experience to provide advice in relation to the Basic Payment Scheme. Our service is intended to keep you up to date with the changes involved with the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform and how these will impact on your business.
Sworders offers the following services:
- Preparation and submission of claims for Basic Payment Scheme (previously the Single Payment Scheme)
- Acquiring and transferring Basic Payment Scheme entitlements
- Cross compliance advice
- Land and business registration with Rural Payments Agency (RPA)
- Advice on Rural Land Registry mapping
- RPA inspections
- Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) reform update
The new Basic Payment Scheme came into force on 1st January 2015 and the scheme requires all applicants to register for the new system online However, due to ongoing technical issues with the system, the RPA have recently confirmed that the 2015 application will now be made using paper forms.
Sworders is aware that this new scheme may cause some concern to a number of claimants. Therefore, we are able to help prepare clients fully and provide as much or as little advice as necessary with regard to the following aspects of the new scheme:
- Online registration with the RPA
- Rural Land Registry mapping
- Greening Requirements- maintenance of permanent pasture, crop diversification and ecological focus areas
- Exemptions and scheme eligibility
- Cross Compliance – Good Agricultural and Environmental Condition (GAEC) and Statutory Management Requirements (SMR) updates.
A number of changes are being introduced to Environmental Stewardship this year. It has been confirmed that Entry and Higher Level Schemes (ELS/HLS) will be replaced by Countryside Stewardship (CS) this year and applications for the new scheme will open in July 2015.
The new scheme will have a more targeted and focused approach than previous schemes and consists of three elements:
- Higher Tier (similar to Higher Level Stewardship)
- Mid Tier (which will replace Entry Level Stewardship)
- Capital Grants
Sworders knowledge and experience of previous Environmental Stewardship Schemes and we are able to provide practical advice and guidance on the application process. We can advise on the most appropriate options that should be chosen to help ensure that environmental benefits are delivered, whilst taking into account any impacts the scheme may have on the efficiency and management of the core farming business.