Location: Uttlesford District Council
Size: 25.31 Hectares (62.54 acres)
- In 2012 Sworders acted on behalf of the landowners to sell an undivided freehold share to The Crown Estate (TCE). This was backed with a promotion agreement to promote the land.
- TCE secured outline planning consent for 155 unit site and a 55 unit Extra Care Facility (ECF) in 2013 on a proportion of the site. The 155 units were sold in 2014 to Barratt David Wilson Homes and TCE converted the 55 ECF planning consent into 20 residential dwellings.
- In 2017 Sworders acted on behalf of the landowner and TCE to sell the land with the benefit of 20 residential units. The site was purchased by Barratt David Wilson Homes. With Sworders’ advice, in 2019 the clients purchased the retained land back from TCE.
- Sworders identified a 5 year housing land supply opportunity and brought in a new promoter (Wallace Land, now part of Miller Homes).
- Wallace Land Investments secured outline planning consent at appeal in December 2020 for 99 residential units.
- Sworders sold the site with the benefit of planning consent in July 2021 to Dandara Homes.