Location: Braintree District Council
Size: 11.23 hectares (27.75 acres)
- Sworders were instructed by the landowners to consider the development potential of their land.
- An initial review identified the immediate opportunity to promote the land through the Local Plan.
- A second opportunity arose as a result of Braintree District Council having a potential shortfall in their five year housing land supply. This created a short term opportunity for the land.
- Upon Sworders advise we marketed the site to secure attractive commercial terms from a Promoter for a Promotion Agreement. Sworders negotiated the agreement on behalf of the landowners.
- Sworders took on a monitoring role to ensure the obligations of the Promoter under the Promotion Agreement were adhered to and provided regular updates to the landowners.
- The Promoter (Manor Oak) secured planning permission on phase 1 for up to 136 dwellings in November 2015.
- Sworders were appointed as the selling agents and Phase 1 was sold to Redrow Homes in June 2017.
- Manor Oak subsequently went on to secure outline planning permission in November 2018 for an additional 45 dwellings on the landowners’ remaining land (Phase 2). The necessary rights and reservations were included within the sale of Phase 1 to allow access and services into Phase 2.
- Phase 2 was sold by Sworders to Mulberry Homes in November 2021.